Below is a list of organizations and people I respect and recommend, with a few comments about why.
- Great stories and photos from researchers in the high Arctic working at PEARL.
- I created and used to run these accounts 😉
- Great photos from intensive 3-week research trips to PEARL for satellite validation
- An annual springtime event aimed at engaging all Canadians with science and researchers!
- I used to volunteer with them (creating new programs and events), and look back fondly at the experience.
- A wonderful organization encouraging students to create their own research.
- I helped organize their 2011 event in Toronto and was very impressed with the organization and the students. I wish my high school teacher’s had been involved!
- Compiling the best of Canadian science blogs – hear about research straight from the lab!
- I believe passionately in their mission to advocate for robust science funding in Canada and evidence-based decision making.
- I sit on their Board of Directors.
- Follow E4D on Twitter and Facebook for updates, or become a volunteer.
Please feel free to get in touch if you want to know more.
- Aaron’s a good friend of mine, and a great musician/producer/engineer. Check him out!
- Tyler’s a friend of mine with immense talent as a songwriter. He plays regularly around Ottawa, and is always an entertaining performer.